This site deals only with the corporate corruption of science, and makes no inference about the motives or activities of individuals involved.
There are many reasons why individuals become embroiled in corporate corruption activities - from political zealotry to over-enthusiastic activism; from gullibility to greed.
Please read the OVERVIEW carefully, and make up your own mind.
David M McCormack
— A fire safety consultant who worked extensively for the tobacco industry over many years. —
Don't confuse him with David L McCormick.
Some key documents
1984 March: - June he is raking in thousands of dollars from Tobacco Institute
1984 Dec 3: Examples of Tobacco Institute documents on Workplace Smoking. The company Response Analysis Corporation has put together a series of booklets for the TI: one each on the Construction Industry, Finance, Insurance and Real Estate Industries, Government, Labor Unions, Manufacturing, Transport, Communications and Utilities Industries, etc.
Susan Stuntz at the Tobacco Institute also lists human and other resources available to fight workplace smoking bans (including a list of various surveys):
- Lew Solomon: Dean of Education UCLA
- Al Vogel: Response Analysis Corp
- Marcie Allingham: Environetics Inc, Space Planning Consultants
- Steve Schlossberg: Attorney, ex General Counsel, United Auto Workers.
- David McCormack: Fire consultant McCormack, who was heavily involved in the "fire-safe" cigarette project, now is looking into ways in which we might fight police and fireftghter smoker hiring bans. Schlossberg will be available to assist him.
- Eva Baker: Director of the UCLA Center for the Study of Evaluation.
- Robert Ethridge: President, American Association for Affirmative Action
- Robert Klotz: law enforcement consultant
1986: TI budget he is listed on monthly retainer as general consultant for fire-safety program