This site deals only with the corporate corruption of science, and makes no inference about the motives or activities of individuals involved.
There are many reasons why individuals become embroiled in corporate corruption activities - from political zealotry to over-enthusiastic activism; from gullibility to greed.
Please read the OVERVIEW carefully, and make up your own mind.
Paul George Pt 2 Dietrich
(Archives - Part 2 ... 1990 on ...)
|Biography with Foxhall Capital Managment|
|Paul Dietrich is the |
- President of FOXHALL CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, Inc.
He is also the ...
- principal mutual fund manager of the Shepherd Large Cap Growth Fund (formerly the Dominion Insight Growth Fund) (NASDAQ: DOIGX).
Previously, he was the ...
- Founder of Meridian Emerging Markets, Ltd., a leading provider of global emerging markets company financial information. With offices in New York, Boston, London and Princeton, Meridian collected, compiled, and distributed fundamental financial data on all of the largest publicly traded companies in over 56 emerging markets.
Mr. Dietrich has also been an ...
- investment adviser to a Bermuda-based, offshore investment fund.
He is an ...
- international corporate attorney and was formerly associated with two Washington, DC law firms,
- Squire, Sanders & Dempsey, and
- Jones, Day, Reavis & Pogue.
Before entering the practice of law, he served as ...
- Publisher and Editor in Chief of SATURDAY REVIEW, one of the United States' oldest cultural magazines.
As an attorney, he has been an ...
- advisor on privatization and economic development issues to the Czech government, as well as ...
- several governments in Asia and the former Soviet Union.
Mr. Dietrich has been a frequent contributor to the editorial pages of the ...
- WALL STREET JOURNAL,
- LONDON TIMES
- INTERNATIONAL HERALD TRIBUNE.
From 1994 to 1997, he was editor of both the ...
- REUTERS EMERGING MARKETS GUIDE
- REUTERS ASIAN STOCK SOURCEBOOK.
He is also ...
- President of the Institute for International Health and Development (founded in 1982 by Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, David Morse).
He has served as a member of the ...
- Board of Trustees of the Catholic University of America in Washington, DC, was a ...
- member of the National Advisory Board of Harvard University's School of Public Health's AIDS Institute, a ..
- member of the Advisory Group on International Health Systems Assessment of the New York Academy of Sciences, and is currently a ...
- member of the Advisory Board to the John Templeton Foundation.
He has also served as a ...
- member of the Development Committee of the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), and as a ...
- member of the Board of Directors of the U.S. Congressional Human Rights Foundation
and the ... American-European Community Association.
Mr. Dietrich is the ...
- editor of the award-winning book, A GUIDE TO AMERICAN FOREIGN POLICY.
What you haven't been told here is that:
- He was a major fund-raiser for the Republican party through a major organisation run with Jack Kemp. It also tried to disrupt Democrat fund-raising by legal harrassment.
- He then joined forces with a group of Missouri businessmen to create the National Center for Legislative Research which had no other function than to publish a free-to-legislators magazine that carried articles paid for by large corporations and trade groups. The Tobacco Institute was a major client.
- at the time he was editor of the Saturday Review, it had been taken over and controlled by the tobacco industry. He provided both the front organisation to hide their control, and some of the editorial input.
- following the collapse of the magazine under his editorship, he briefly acted as Managing Editor for the Philip Morris Magazine to see out his contract.
- He was then transfered to control of the tobacco-industry front group, the Institute for International Health and Development, which published corrupt scientific documents for the industry, and generally acted as a counter to the World Health Organisation's anti-smoking campaigns. He handled the language translations and global distribution of a major scientific conference report that had been filled with false and distorted scientific articles.
- He also took well-paid tobacco company contracts to lecture around the world to journalists on tobacco junkets — to convince them that smoking dangers were exaggerated or non-existant.
- He also used his United Nations connections which had been generated through both his wife, Laura Jordan Dietrich, and two contracted ex-directors of the ILO (David Morse and Francis Blanchard) to gain access to statesmen in Africa, Asia and Latin America, to lobby for the tobacco industry.
- His membership of the American-European Community Association (another total front for tobacco run by arch conspitator Andrew Whist) was also handed to him by Philip Morris when David Morse died in 1990.
Due to the long overview, this entry differs in style from the others.
Only Parts 1 and 2 have links to the archives.
Some key documents
1997 Sept: Report American Journalism Review. United Press International merged with Meridan Emerging Markets Ltd. to create UPI-MEMO - a wire distribution network for financial institutions and private money managers. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb3138/is_n7 (etc.)